We will discuss various factors of being winter ready, from recognition techniques in identifying winter hazards, hazard controls, and incident response.
Topics of discussion will include tasks commonly performed in winter including driving. These topics will surround work and non-work-related environments.
Addressing winter conditions in Alberta is important and having time to phase in the behaviours and controls that prevent injury and damage is advantageous.
Attendees will be aware of:
• Data from recognized organization that reinforces the importance of being winter ready
• Hazard identification techniques focused on winter hazards
• Control measures when performing common winter tasks such as shoveling
• Selection of winter clothing and PPE addressing the cold temperatures (fashion tips are extra)
• Vehicle related journey management tips